The Lithuanian Theatre Agency and Culture.pl are to present Polish dramas at various venues in the Lithuanian capital, all taken from (A)pollonia, an anthology published with support from the Adam Mickiewicz Institute.
On the first day of Polish Coming Out / Lenkų drama Vilniuje, Lithuanian National Drama Theatre actors Tadas Gryn and Oneida Kunsunga will read Prawy Lewy na Obcasie by the duo of Majewski/Pilgrim. After this interpretation directed by Kirilas Glušajevas a panel discussion will take place devoted to theatre in the context of publishing a drama, namely (A)pollonia in new Lithuanian theatre magazine Teatro žurnalas.
On the second day a lecture on Polish dramas will be hosted by Nowy Teatr playwright Piotr Gruszczyński at the Arts Printing House. There will also be a screening of No Matter How Hard We Tried at the Skalvija Cinema based on a play by Dorota Masłowska and directed by Grzegorz Jarzyna. After the screening, a debate will take place featuring Lithuanian theatre and film critics as well as director Agnius Jankevičius, who staged Masłowska’s play in Lithuanian.
Beside Piotr Gruszczyński, the others who will take part in the event including director Sebastian Majewski, playwright Tomasz Jękot, Agnieszka Kondraczuk, and Prof. Krystyna Duniec, the editor of the anthology (A)pollonia.
The event is organised in collaboration with the Lithuanian National Drama Theatre, Cinema Skalvija, Arts Printing House, the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Lithuanian Cultural Institute, TR Warszawa, the Nowy Teatr, and the Polish Institute in Vilnius.
- 19:30 – an interpretation (in Lithuanian) of Prawy lewy na obcasie by Majewski/Pilgrim; directed by Kirilas Glušajevas, performed by Oneida Kunsunga and Tadas Gryn at the Lithuanian National Drama Theatre.
- After the reading : a panel discussion in Lithuanian and Polish.
- 10:00-12:30 – a lecture by Piotr Gruszczyński on Polish drama at the Arts Printing House (in Polish with Lithuanian translation).
- 17:00 – A film screening of No Matter How Hard We Tried by Grzegorz Jarzyna at the Skalvija cinema.
- After the screening: a discussion (in Lithuanian) featuring theatre critic Andrius Jevsejevas, director Agnius Jankevičius, and film critic Auksa Kancerevičiūtė.
Polish Coming Out / Lenkų Drama Vilniuje
24th to 25th November
Lithuanian National Drama Theatre
Gedimino pr. 4
Source: press materials. Edited by PW, translated by ND, 17th November 2015