Piotr Bednarczyk is a composer, born in 1994 in Koszalin. His music is inspired by the aesthetics of noise, glitch, and club music.
In 2019, he graduated from the Academy of Music in Wrocław under Cezary Duchnowski. His activities as a composer are focused mainly on instrumental chamber music, electroacoustic music and electronic music. In his works he concentrates on searching for interesting sound structures using unconventional sound extraction techniques and live electronics. Bednarczyk’s stylistic interests revolve around noise, glitch and club music. He often incorporates performance and visuals into his acts, including stroboscopic effect and lighting control.
Music from Poland in 2018: Young Composers Finally Come into Bloom
Bednarczyk is also an active performer of his compositions. He performs his own electronic music as the one-man project LOUFR. The musician is also a member of the Sound Factory Orchestra, in which he is responsible for the production of audio and electronic music. Bednarczyk is also a member of the Wrocław-based Wkurvv collective, whose main activity is the popularisation of experimental electronic music. His works have been presented at such festivals as Warsaw Autumn, Musica Electronica Nova, Musica Polonica Nova, CROSSROADS, Słuchalnia, Muslab, New Music Week, GAIDA Festival, Idealistic Festival and SNIM. He has collaborated with NAMES Ensemble, Ensemble Adapter, Garage Ensemble, Sound Factory Orchestra, Ensemble Kompopolex, Ensemble Synaesthesis, SNIM Ensemble, Trio Layers, Ars Nova Ensemble, and Ensemble s201.
Górecki as Inspiration: 5 Remakes of the Polish Composer’s Work
contemporary polish music
contemporary electronic music
- Stanie się (It Will Happen, 2016) for flute, violin, accordion and electronics,
- Praczer (2016) for cello and electronics,
- To Nie Żart! (It’s Not a Joke!, 2016) for four armchairs, two tables and electronics,
- Już? Nie... (Already? No…, 2017) for viola and electronics,
- Wybór Zamknięty (Choice Closed 2017) for flute, accordion, drums and electronics,
- Tru (2016/2017) for flute, violin, viola, cello and electronics,
- Ła (2017) for voice, viola, double bass, drums and electronics
- Ryszard(D)zik(i) (2017) for accordion and electronics
- Nervous (2018) for viola, cello, piano, electronics and stroboscope
- Bend (2018) for electronics
- Node (2018) for electronics and stroboscope
- I'm Your Glitch (2018) for cello, drums, sampler and stroboscope
- Sentimental Rave (2019) for bass clarinet, viola, cello, double bass, drums, sampler, performer, electronics, video and stroboscope
- Not (Real) (2019) for cello, double bass, electronics and stroboscope
- Connected (2019) for bass flute, double bass clarinet, violin, viola, double bass, piano, electronics and stroboscope
- Overload (2019) for double bass clarinet, drums, voices, paper, electronics, video and stroboscope
Originally written in Polish by Filip Lech, translated by P. Grabowski, November 2019