Composer and music theoretician, born on 2nd February, 1986 in Pabianice.
She graduated (with distinction) from Composition class led by Bronisław Kazimierz Przybylski (2010) and from Theory of Music taught by Ewa Kowalska-Zając (2011) at the G. and K. Bacewicz Academy of Music in Łódź. For two years, she attended Postgraduate Studies in Film Music, Computer Music and Audiovisual Arts in Łódź. She took part in courses led by Marek Chołoniewski (Academy of Music in Kraków) and Grażyna Pstrokońska-Nawratil (Academy of Music in Wrocław).
Her compositions have been presented at, among others, the Łódź Philharmonic (the cycle contem.ucha), at the S1 Studio of the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, in Academies of Music in Gdańsk and Kraków, as well as in the Academy of Music in Łódź (Musica Moderna session). Her Dusza z cieła wyleciała for mixed choir a capella was awarded third place in the composers’ competition organised on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Academy of Music in Gdańsk (2008), while s!c2 won (ex aequo) in the 11th Tadeusz Ochlewski Composers’ Competition (2013), organised by Polish Music Publishing House.
Marta Śniady - s!c2 from studiomch on Vimeo.
Between 2009 and 2014, she collaborated with Dziennik Łódzki as a music critic, and also wrote for the magazine Glissando. She currently holds an assistant position at the Łódź Academy of Music, where she writes her doctoral dissertation. Agata Zubel is her advisor.
- Dusza z cieła wyleciała for mixed choir a cappella (2007)
- Bliskość/Closeness for mixed choir a cappella to words by John Paul II (2008)
- Danc for chamber ensemble to words by Anna Podczaszy (2009)
- Spectronic for computer and double bass (2009)
- 3 Pictures With Dimensions 10x13 cm for two pianos (2010)
- Mad girl’s love song for voice, cello, and orchestra to words by Sylvia Plath (2010)
- Garbage for computer (2011)
- Pieces of Chopin after bottle of wine an audiovisual installation (2011)
- Exorta for reciter and computer (2011)
- Kallisto for computer (2012)
- S!c for soprano, piano, and electronics (2012)
- aSH for violin, clarinet, piano, and percussion (2012)
- S!c 2 for soprano and electronics (2013)
- Stabat Mater for mixed choir a cappella (2013)
- Utter silence for amplified flute (2013)
- aer for clarinet/bass clarinet and chamber orchestra (2014)
- Meme Opera a multimedia opera (2016)