He graduated in 2004 from Composition and Music Theory Department of Music Academy in Wrocław with professor Stanisław Kuprowicz. He took part in composing courses led by composers such as Louis Andriessen, Luca Francesconi, Marco Stroppa and Ivan Fedele (1999, 2003).
His pieces were performed during festivals of new music in Poland and abroad, such as Musica Polonica Nova, Musica Electronica Nova, Warsaw Autumn International Festival as well as The Dutch Music Days. There were also presented on Netherlands Music, Deutschlandradio Kultur and the 2 Programme of Polish Radio (monograph audition called Zawód: kompozytor / Profession: Composer).
He received prizes during composing contests in Wrocław (2001) and Kraków (2004). In 2004 he was awarded at the International Composers’ Competition organized by the Dutch Foundation Yo in Utrecht for the piece Euphonicum performed by a choir and a symphonic orchestra. In 2006 he won the 1st prize for Son’tasy 2.1 written for two pianos and live electronical media (2005) during the Tadeusz Baird Contest for Young Composers. In 2008 he won the 3rd prize during a Composers’ Contest organized on the occasion of the 90th anniversary of the ZaiKS authors’ association for his Piano concert (2004).
Adrian Foltyn composed the score for a few theatre plays by the Theatre School in Wrocław (among others for Pułapki / Traps based on Tadeusz Różewicz’s play) and by the Laboratorium Dramatu which is a part of the Warsaw’s National Theatre (Joanna Owsianko’s Tiramisu, 2005).
He’s the vice-chair of the Wrocław Association for Classical Music and a member of the Young Composers’ Circle at the Polish Composers’ Association.
- Bajkowa ballada / Fairy-tale ballad for piano (1996)
- La valse en variantes for piano (1997)
- Romans / Romance for violin and piano (1997)
- Allegro for wind quintet (1998)
- Sonnet LV according to Williama Shakespeare for a mixed choir (1998)
- Eggzamin for 4 cellos(1998)
- Sonathing for cello and piano (2000)
- Synthorus for wind quintet (2000)
- Agnus Dei for a mixed choir (2001)
- Stairway 2,7 for 3 drummers (2001)
- Cosa di nastra for a tape and a string orchestra (2002)
- Continuendo for a tape (2002)
- Unknown destination for a tape(2003)
- Concerto for piano (2003)
- Próba.B.L.Y. for live electronics (2004)
- L'eau des jardins de la nuit for string orchestra (2004)
- Euphonicum for a choir and symphonic orchestra (2004)
- Extra-cellestrial for cello and computer (2005)
- Son'tasy 2.1 for two pianos and live electronics (2005)
- Próba B.L.Y. 2 for live electronics (2005)
- Flectrochordium for recorders, harpsichord and live electronics (2006)
- El Mareco for marimba, recorders and a tape (2006)
- Triple Double Concerto for piano, live electronics and string orchestra (2007)
Author: Małgorzata Kosińska, Polish Centre for Music Information, Polish Composers' Association, January 2006, updated November 2008, translated: October 2015.