The awards ceremony of the 28th International Young Audience Film Festival "Ale Kino!" is held at the MALTA Multiplex on Saturday at 18:00. During the closing gala of the Festival the Platinum Goats and Golden Goats, the MARCIN and MARCINEK Prizes, as well as the Award of the Polish Filmmakers Association were awarded...
The awards ceremony of the 28th International Young Audience Film Festival "Ale Kino!" is held at the MALTA Multiplex on Saturday at 18:00.
During the closing gala of the Festival the Platinum Goats and Golden Goats, the MARCIN and MARCINEK Prizes, as well as the Award of the Polish Filmmakers Association were awarded. The most significant awards went to:
The international jury for best feature film for children composed of Vic Sarin, Füsun Eriksen, Monika Górska, Maciej Jakubczyk and Annabel Jankel have awarded the following prizes:
- The Golden Goats for Best Young Audience Film to To, co najważniejsze" / "To Be All and End All directed by Bruce Webb, Great Britain 2009. The film features a touchy and difficult subject successfully in a straightforward manner but with a great sense of humor. It praises the value of a true friendship shown from a young boy's perspective. Great performances by the young actors.
- The Golden Goats for Best Film for Children Dzieci z Diyarbakir" / "The Children of Diyarbakir directed by Miraz Bezar, Turkey, Germany 2009. A touching film about tyranny and justice, honest and original. Terrific performances by the young actors.
The jury for best animated film for children composed of Maciej Szczerbowski, Adriana Prodeus and Alexey Alexeev have awarded the following prizes:
- The Golden Goats to the Director of Best Young Audience Film Gniewny człowiek" / "Angry Man dir. Anita Killi, Norway 2009.
"This film is worth the prize due to its responsible, wise and true depiction of the subject of violence and guilt. It presents the complexity of human psychology in a simple and honest manner. It shows the young viewers how to cope with violence, not only within a family. The film's original visual effects, a mix of various techniques, as well as a well-developed dramaturgy allow for a true and unpatronising conversation with children", wrote the jury members in their justification of the award.
- The Golden Goats to the Director of Best Film for Children Szwedzkie klopsiki" / "The Swedish Meatballs dir. Johana Hägelbecka, Sweden 2010.
"It is an affirmation of a child's imagination which can create the whole universe out of something as boring and dull as the Swedish meatballs or dishwater. We would like to award this film for the courage of making new outstanding discoveries and breaking the rules and conventions. The film expresses an understanding of a child's soul, no matter how old the viewer is".
The Jury of the best feature film for youth composed of Alina Grzegorzewska, Mikołaj Wojciech Pietraszewski, Krzysztof Świrek and Jagoda Tłok who have awarded the following prizes:
- MARCIN Prize for Best Young Audience Film to To, co najważniejsze" / "To Be All and End All dir. Bruce Webb, Great Britain 2009. An amusing but original story about what is most important.
The Jury for best animated film for youth composed of Jakub Depczyński, Anna Malinowska and Natalia Nowak have awarded the following prizes:
- MARCIN Prize for Best Young Audience Animated Film to Danny Boy, dir. Marek Skrobecki, Poland 2010.
"Original animation telling a subversive story about the contemporary conflicts between the individual and society, about the choice between one's own path and the prevailing standards. This short and universal parable contains an astonishingly powerful message".