On December 6, during the grand gala at Dom Słowa Polskiego in Warsaw, Aktivist magazine presented its annual awards Nocne Marki. The Adam Mickiewicz Institute received the prize for Agency of the Year, recognised for its deep commitment to promoting Polish culture around the world...
Paweł Potoroczyn, the director of the Adam Mickiewicz Institute, with the Award, photo: Kuba Kiljan
On December 6, during the grand gala at Dom Słowa Polskiego in Warsaw, Aktivist magazine presented its annual awards Nocne Marki. Adam Mickiewicz Institute received the prize for Agency of the Year
The "Aktivist" editorial staff explained their decision with the following:
This time we we had to stretch the category rules a little, as it turned out that the winner this year is a state agency. But since this institution is doing more for Polish culture than all the Polish institutes abroad together we think it's kind of justified. This year the Institute, just like "Aktivist", is celebrating its 10th anniversary boasting '3 thousand events, 3 continents, 26 countries, 18 million guests'. These numbers alone deserve respect, however from our perspective the most praiseworthy are the Institute's various activities in the field of promoting Polish popular culture, which is synonumous with its legitimisation - just to mention guest visits of Polish comic-book artists in Israel (and Israeli artists in Poland) or the promotion of Polish musicians abroad among journalists and festival producers in the course of a two-day showcase 'Don't Panic, We're from Poland'.
It is thanks to the Institute, and others, that Poland, its art, theatre and urban development is something one speaks of with more interest and warmth in Europe recently. We hope that our award can serve as an incentive for producing many great events in course of 2011 during Polish Presidency in the EU.
The award was presented to Paweł Potoroczyn, Director of the Adam Mickiewicz Institute. The annual Nocne Marki awards honour the most active individuals, institutions, bands and clubs on the Polish cultural and nightlife scene.
- Aktivist of the Year 2010: Towarzystwo Inicjatyw Twórczych "ę"
- Gallery of the Year 2010: Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw
- Theatre of the Year 2010: Teatr Dramatyczny for the International Theatre Festival Warszawa Centralna 2010: "Migrations"
- Event of the Year 2010: Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland
- Rookie of the Year 2010: Mateusz Kościukiewicz
- Miszcz of the Year 2010: Hey
- Place of the Year 2010: 5-10-15
- Party of the Year 2010: J&B Garage Party
- Club of the Year 2010: Fabryka in Kraków
- Artist of the Year 2010: DonGURALesko
- Personality of the Decade: Mikołaj Ziółkowski.
Aktivist magazine is a free life-style magazine published by Valkea Media, and distributed in six Polish cities: Warsaw, Kraków, Wrocław, Poznań, Three Cities and Łódź.
Source: press release