One of the most prominent and prolific Polish jazz guitarists. He is also active as a composer. He has contributed to over 150 musical albums.
One of the most prominent and prolific Polish jazz guitarists. He is also active as a composer.
Napiórkowski has cooperated with many great artists of jazz and pop music scenes such as Pat Metheny, Richard Bona, Mino Cinelu, Marcus Miller, Klaus Doldinger, Ivan Lins, Dhafer Youssef, Angelique Kidjo, Gregoir Maret, Adam Holzman, John Taylor, Sugar Blue, Hadrien Feraud and also with almost all major polish jazz musicians including Anna Maria Jopek, Tomasz Stańko, Henryk Miśkiewicz, Dorota Miśkiewicz, Leszek Możdżer , Urszula Dudziak, Ewa Bem, Janusz Muniak, Tomasz Szukalski, Krzysztof Ścierański and Jan 'Ptaszyn' Wróblewski.
He has released five original albums. Four of them brought him the nominations for the prestigious Polish music award Fryderyk in two categories: Jazz Album of the Year and Jazz Musician of the Year. Year 2005 saw the premiere of Nap with musical appearances of Anna Maria Jopek, Leszek Możdżer and Henryk Miśkiewicz. Two years later he released Wolno, an acouctic album which soon has reached the gold status in Poland. The third CD in his discography called KonKubiNat was firmed by the Marek Napiórkowski Trio and recorded live with Robert Kubiszyn and Cezary Konrad. Next record called UP! was released in collaboration with Clarence Penn, Adam Pierończyk, Krzysztof Herdzin, Henryk Miśkiewicz, Robert Kubiszyn and a nine member symphonic band. Napiórkowski's lates album CELLULOID recorded in 2015 with Artur Lesicki is based on the most sentimental Polish film scores and includes interpretations of pieces by Andrzej Kurylewicz, Krzysztof Komeda, Wojciech Kilar, Andrzej Korzyński and Jerzy 'Duduś' Matuszkiewicz.
Since the year 2012 Marek Napiórkowski has been holding the title of the Jazz Guitarist of the Year which is granted in a Jazz Top survey conducted among readers of Jazz Forum magazine. He was also a co-leader of a band called Funky Groove, which has been named named the Electric Band of the Year twice in the magazine's history. Napiórkowski has appeared on over 150 albums and toured around Europe, Canada, USA, Japan, Brasil, Mexico, Indonesia, China, Korea and Russia.
As a leader:
- NAP (Universal 2005)
- Wolno (Universal 2007)
- KonKubiNap (Universal 2011)
- Up! (V-Records 2013)
- CELLULOID (V-Records 2015)
with Anna Maria Jopek:
- Szeptem (1999)
- Dzisiaj z Betleyem (1999)
- Bosa (2000)
- Nienasycenie (2002)
- Anna Maria Jopek & Friends with Pat Metheny: Upojenie (2002)
- Farat CD, DVD oraz BOX (w tym album Z pamięci)
- Niebo (2005)
- Secret (2005)
- ID (2007)
- Polanna (2011)
Selected discography as a sideman:
- Jarek Wist & Krzysztof Herdzin Big Band: Swinging with Sinatra (2013)
- Krzysztof Herdzin: Jesteś Światłem (2013)
- Michael "Patches" Stewart: On Fire (2013)
- Henryk Miśkiewicz Full Drive 3 feat. Michael "Patches" Stewart (2012)
- Grażyna Łobaszewska: Przepływamy (2012)
- Dorota Miśkiewicz - ALE (2012)
- Krzysztof Herdzin: Looking for Balance (2011)
- Robert Kubiszyn: Before Sunrise (2010)
- Dorota Miśkiewicz - Caminho (2008)
- Henryk Miśkiewicz Full Drive 2 (2007)
- Ścierański-Napiórkowski-Jakubek-Dąbrówka - Live in Opole (2006)
- Ewa Małas-Godlewska: Sentiments (2006)
- Krzysztof Herdzin: Dancing Flowers (2005)
- Dorota Miśkiewicz - Pod rzęsami (2005)
- Henryk Miśkiewicz Full Drive (2004)
- Anna Serafińska: Ciepło - zimno (2004)
- Wanda Warska - Piosenki z piwnicy (2004)
- Ewa Małas-Godlewska & Jose Cura: Song of Love (2003)
- Go to Chechua Mountain (Funky Groove) (2002)
- Dorota Miśkiewicz Goes to Heaven - Zatrzymaj się (2002)
- Ewa Małas-Godlewska & Jose Cura: Era of Love (2001)
- Guilherme Coimbra: Ipanema Rainbow (2000)
- Funky Groove (Funky Groove) (1997)
- Anna Serafińska & Jonasz Kofta: Nieobecni (1997)
- Ewa Uryga - Colours of Soul (1996)
- Levandek: Songs for Friends (1994)
- Acoustic Room (2007)
Artist's website: www.mareknapiorkowski.com.
Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.