Guitarist, composer and producer. Born on the 24th of June, 1969 in Bydgoszcz.
Guitarist, composer and producer. Co-leader of the band (0-58).
Maciej Grzywacz is a graduate of the Frederick Chopin Academy of Music in Warsaw and later the Higher Music School in Munich (Germany). He was then accepted into the Jehudi Menuhin Foundation's orchestra Live Music Now, performing with them in Germany as a classical guitarist.
He is a co-leader of the band (0-58) with whom in 2001 he recorded his first record Do dziesięciu. This record received nomination to the Fryderyk Prize 2002 (called Polish Grammy) in the category Jazz Album of the year. In 2003 he recorded next album Tryby. This album contains Maciej Grzywacz's compositions put to the lyrics of Krystyna Stańko. The record Tryby was also nominated to the Fryderyk Prize in the same category. The band (0-58) gave many concerts in Germany, Russia, Sweden and Romania.
Over the past few years Maciej Grzywacz has been working as a session musician, he has taken part in such projects as Leszek Możdżer's film and theatre score recordings.
In 2006 he recorded an independent CD entitled Things Never Done with the excellent New York Avishai Cohen and Forces Within with Tyler Hornby, Maciej Sikała and Piotr Lemańczyk.
- (0-58) (Krystyna Stańko - vocals; Maciek Grzywacz – guitars; Piotr Lemańczyk / Olo Walicki - bass; Marcin Jahr - drums; guest: Paul Rutschka - voice)
- Maciej Grzywacz Quartet (Tyler Hornby - drums, Maciej Sikała - saxophone, Piotr Lemańczyk - bass)
- Offshore - Maciek Grzywacz / Olo Walicki / Emil Kowalski (Olo 001, 2000)
- Do dziesięciu - 058, (Olo 003, 2001)
- Nikt poza nami - with Krystyna Stańko (Allegro 004, 2002)
- Hand made - with Wojciech Staroniewicz (Allegro 005, 2002)
- Follow the Soul - with Piotr Lemańczyk (Allegro 006, 2003)
- Tryby - (058) (058 Records 001, 2003)
- Freep - with Piotr Lemańczyk (BCD Records, 2005)
- Things Never Done (EMG 001, 2006)
- Forces Within (EMG 003, 2006)
Author: Marek Romański, January 2009.