Jazz drummer, he has been playing jazz incessantly for the last 45 years, performing with outstanding Polish and foreign musicians.
Jazz drummer, since 1993 he has been a member of the Andrzej Jagodziński Trio.
He made his debut in 1960 with Jerzy Paklulski Far Quartet, then played with Krzysztof Komeda Quintet, Zbigniew Namysłowski Quartet, Niemen Enigmatic, Adam Makowicz-Tomasz Stańko Trio, Jan "Ptaszyn" Wróblewski Band, Michał Urbaniak, Urszula Dudziak, Wojtek Karolak, Henryk Majewski and many others.
He performed at the Newport Jazz Festival, Pori Jazz Festival, Montreux Jazz Festival, The North Sea Jazz Festival, Berliner Jazz Tage, Molde Jazz Festival, The New York Jazz Festival, Tauranga, Comablain La Tour, India Jazz Festival.
Since 1993 Czesław Bartkowski has been a member of the Andrzej Jagodziński Trio. Since 1993 he has been also teaching drums at the Faculty of Jazz at the High School of Music in Warsaw.
Selected discography (with the Andrzej Jagodziński Trio):
- Christmas (Polonia Records Co., 1994)
- Chopin (Polonia Records Co., 1995)
- Live at the National Philharmonic (Polonia Records Co., 1995)
- Deep Cut (CDSound Int., 1997)
- Chopin Once More, Special guest - Janusz Olejniczak (ZPR Records, 1999)
- Chopin - Metamorphosis, licenced by ZPR Records Poland (OPUS 111, 1999)
- Giovanni Mirabassi & Andrzej Jagodziński Trio(Dreadlines, 2002)
- Giovanni Mirabassi & Andrzej Jagodziński Trio (Imported and distributed by SWANO-KOHBOH, 2006)
Author: Marek Romański, December 2008.