Open Call: Culture for Local Development
small, Open Call: Culture for Local Development, 1_marina_khrypun_2_zdj_archiwalne.jpg, Culture for Local Development 2017, photo: organisers' materials
The Adam Mickiewicz Institute, acting under its flagship brand Culture.pl, and the European Solidarity Centre are pleased to invite cultural managers from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Poland and Ukraine to participate in the third edition of the international project Culture for Local Development.
european solidarity centre
culture for local development
The project is addressed to activists, who:
- are involved in the management of cultural projects at their different stages (i.e. initiation, coordination, realisation)
- focus on local communities and see culture as a tool for introducing social change
- want to add an international dimension to their work
- want to gain new skills to strengthen their local creative activities
In May 2018, the first phase of the project will take place in Kyiv and Tbilisi. Selected candidates will take part in a series of intense workshops led by experienced mentors. The workshops will focus on deepening the participants’ knowledge of socio-cultural project management and broadening their ability to use international cooperation in developing local programmes. Moreover, participants will be eligible for competing for financial support facilitating the implementation of their projects.
Selected participants will be invited to take part in the second stage of the project – the Summer School. The Summer School will take place in Poland from 29th July to 6th August 2018. The Summer School programme will involve workshops as well as study visits to Polish cultural and civic institutions and NGOs. These activities will allow the participants to develop project proposals created during the first stage.
The programme will be conducted in English. Therefore` participants should have at least a B2-level knowledge of English.
The first phase of workshops will take place in*:
- Kyiv (participants from Belarus, Moldova, Poland and Ukraine): 10th - 13th May 2018
- Tbilisi (participants from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Poland): 24th - 27th May 2018
* Polish participants are required to choose which of the two workshops they would like to attend
Culture for Local Development Project’s Local Partners:
- Creative Europe Ukraine
- Creative Europe Georgia
- Culture Foundation (Ukraine)
- Creative Georgia Solidarity Fund PL in Moldova
Would you like to participate? Please submit your application by filling out the online form (in English).
Deadline for submissions: 2nd April 2018
Results of the recruitment process will be announced by 8th April 2018 (emails will be sent to each applicant individually).
The organisers will cover costs related to workshops, accommodation and meals. In exceptional, justified cases, they may also consider requests for the participation in travelling costs.
Travel and accommodation costs of the Summer School’s participants will be covered by the organisers.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: organisers' materials, compiled by NR, 13 Mar 2018