Since 2000, the Wroclaw museums have been managed by the local government. The City Council resolved to establish the Wroclaw City Museum in January 2000, which would have the following divisions: Archaeological Museum, Historical Museum, Museum of Medal-Making, Military Museum, Museum of Burgher Art and Museum of Sepulchral Art. All divisions, while maintaining autonomy in their respective subject-areas, have a single director (Dr. Maciej Lagiewski), as well as a common administration and a joint Museum Council.
The head office is housed in a classical building designed by C. F. Langhans which was erected circa 1820. The building also houses the library of the former Historical Museum. The respective divisions house their own holdings and permanent displays.
Muzeum Miejskie Wrocławia
ul. Sukiennice 14/15
Region: (woj. dolnośląskie)
Phone: (+48 71) 344 36 39, 344 57 30
Phone/Fax: (+48 71) 344 47 85
Email: [email protected]