Awards in the competition for films produced by professional filmmakers will include:
- a "Golden Line" Award for the best professionally produced film,
- a "Silver Line" Award for exceptional artistic value in a professionally produced film,
- a "Silver Line" Award for individual achievement as a professional filmmaker,
- and a "Silver Line" Award for best film intended for a young audience.
Film and art school students and non-professional filmmakers will vie for the following distinctions:
- Grand Prix for best film by a student or non-professional filmmaker,
- Special Prize for exceptional artistic value,
- Grand Prize for best student film,
- Grand Prize for best amateur film.
The POLISH NATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ORIGINAL ANIMATED FILMS in Krakow has a tradition that dates back many years and has become a permanent fixture in the calendar of Polish film events. It is the only event in Poland to feature a complete presentation of the achievements of the country's creators of animated films. During its history, OFAFA has had the honor of hosting some of Poland's most outstanding creators of animated films, who have appeared at the event as guests, collaborators and jurors. Andrzej Wajda, Witold Giersz, Jerzy Kucia, Ryszard Czekala, Piotr Dumala, Krzysztof Kiwerski, Andrzej Czeczot, Krzysztof Zanussi, Ryszard Antoniszczak, Jan Kanty-Pawluskiewicz, Zygmunt Konieczny and many other notable representatives of the film community have put in appearances at the festival.
It was at OFAFA that such prominent filmmakers as Jerzy Kucia and Piotr Dumala began their string of successes. The event was also where Tomasz Baginski debuted his renowned animated short KATEDRA / THE CATHEDRAL. OFAFA has also served as a platform for the discovery of new talent. Non-professional filmmakers, encouraged by their success at the event, went on to seek out education opportunities in film and art schools, while students with accomplishments made inroads into the film profession. The festival also customarily includes screenings of the best Polish animated films. During this year's edition, viewers will have an opportunity to see over one hundred films from the last half century that have garnered a permanent place for themselves in film history.
Festival rules and entry forms are available from the Festival Office:
Kinoteatr "Wrzos" / 'Wrzos" CinemaTheatre
ul. Zamojskiego 50, 30-523 Krakow
tel. (+48 12) 656 10 50
tel./fax (+48 12) 656 45 43